The Crime Scene
1. A broken window was found unlatched with a suitcase under it. A scuff mark was found on the wall
above the suitcase. Small pieces of glass were scattered on top of the suitcase and the floor around
it. Later a blanket belonging to JAR and a children's book were found inside the suitcase, which
normally was stored on the first floor (near the stairs to the basement?). On his first trip to the
basement Fleet White latched the unlatched window. He picked up some pieces of glass and set them
on the window sill. He admitted moving the suitcase slightly. A partial foot print was found on the
top side of the suitcase. Debris, and packing "peanuts" were found in the light well outside the
broken window and at the door to the wine cellar.
The Broken Window with suitcase standing on side
2. A wooden plaque from John's navy tour of duty at Subic Bay, Philipines, was found inside the small
closet. It was said to have the name "Subic Bay Training Center" on it. However, it has been pointed
out that the base never was called that. It was suggested that this was what the acronym "S.B.T.C"
in the ransom note stood for.
3. The location of a ventilation duct originally installed to provide combustion air to a furnace. This
furnace room is the presumed location of the killer and little girl when a neighbor across the street
said she heard a child's blood curdling scream at about midnight.
Looking at the furnace room window from the outside; the round fresh air duct is to the left of center
Looking out the window in the furnace room toward Melody Stanton's House
Several people have tested this theory and have found that the disconnected duct does act as a
megaphone in directing and amplifying sounds from the boiler room.
4. Position where Fleet White stood as he looked into the wine cellar on his first visit to the basement
and did not see JonBenet's body. Patsy's paint tote was found just outside the wine cellar door.
Broken slivers of wood, believed to have resulted from breaking the paint brush into a smaller piece
used for the "garrote" handle, were found on the floor.
5. Position of the light switch on the wall in the wine cellar. Approximately where John Ramsey stood
when he said he saw his daughter's body lying on the floor.
The Windowless Room